This children’s book uses rhyming and illustrations by a four year old to incorporate messages about sexual abuse prevention.
The book specifically mentions individuals in a child’s life eg. family members, babysitters, and neighbours who could be sex offenders and the possible use of touching “games” in order to inform and empower children to protect their bodies.
Statistics on childhood sexual abuse are included in the back for parents and educators.
In just 12 pages of rhyme, the book:
* gives parents a great starting point for having important, candid discussions with their children about recognising and preventing sexual abuse
* names the most common perpetrators of sexual abuse in clear, kid friendly language
* informs children about the tactics perpetrators use to trick children
* equips children with an action plan for telling trusted adults about abuse
* empowers children to say “no” and to get righteously angry if abuse happens
Author: Diane Hansen | ISBN: 9781482544374 | For ages: 7 to 9